Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Welcome to Fiona's Blog!




Hello everyone!  We (Fiona and I) hope you enjoy reading about her progress each day...at least, I will do my best to post a little something new about Fiona daily! 



Meet Princess Fiona!  She is a 2 year old Chi mix whom was left outside the Baldwin Park Animal Shelter, in a box :(  
She was left there on May 10th and on May 16th she was rescued by La Dolce Vita Rescue Group and pulled from the shelter by Paw Protectors. She was then taken straight to Dr. Jones in Santa Monica for an exam and to initiate treatment for demodectic mange.




This is little Fiona, her 1st night out of the shelter and in her new foster home where she will be recuperating over the next few months, and quite possibly until she finds her forever home.
I know I say this about ALL my fosters, but this one really is SO sweet and SO grateful.  She is my 1st foster who slept in her crate all night without making a peep.  She gets along swell with the other dogs...she and the ChiChi boys were even playfully chasing each other a bit last night!


For now, I've been keeping her crated in this giant doggie playpen we have.  I'm doing this to help her get LOTS of rest so her immune system can work hard to get her healing and feeling better.  Also...there are 5 other critters total in this house, that can be pretty overwhelming for a dog who is ill and undergoing so many changes in her life.  


The key to Fiona's recovery is supporting her immune system so it can get mite population on her skin back in check...SO, the less stress, of any kind, the better for the Princess.  She seems all too happy to just rest comfortably in her pen with her pink teddy bear and cushy bed.  She caught a chill this morning from the rain...so I've got her covered up and the space heater going to keep her cozy.


One last picture for today...here is what I found when I got out of the shower just before going to bed last night:
How precious is that?

Stay tuned...it only gets better and better for Princess Fiona!

No comments:

Post a Comment